The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Thirsty Gulls

Behind the Te Papa museum is a pedestrian bridge with a small stream dammed up beneath it. The seagulls and ducks really like the fresh water and there is constant activity of birds bathing and drinking water.

The images did exhibit some chromatic aberration abound the birds and the cement background. initially I thought this was due to deficiencies in the Tamron PZD, but my friend took the exact same photos using the 18-55mm and 55-250mm Canon kit lenses and he had the same CA problem. Oh, well, nothing a little post processing cannot fix. The Tamron PZD gets more fun to use as days goes by, and because I do not have to swap lenses as often I end up getting more shots than if I had to rely on my kits lenses.

A quick tip, when shooting birds try and keep the shutter speed high, even if that means dropping to a faster ISO.





Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/200sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

I've left a bit of CA around the seagull on the left for you to get an indication of the impact the bright white feathers have on the darker background.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 142mm, Exposure 1/200sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review