The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Monday, January 9, 2012

My Fly is Open

He he, so actually its "open" for all to see.

Got home today and I just had to walk around the garden to see if any insects would like their photos taken and you will not believe how many nice pics I got. Sure, at such magnification, shooting without a flash and handheld, meant I had a lot of out of focus photos to delete. But, the keepers were worth it. Oh and the three sandfly bits I've collected during my 45 minutes outside, will also be worth it. (Why those little buggers like my blood so much I would not know!)

With that said I must say that I have pretty much found the area of photography I enjoy the most. Yes, landscape photography etc. is also a lot of fun, but nothing compares to the detail and colors you can capture at high magnification. Also, this is an area the naked eye have very little insight into.

So, let me introduce you to my fly. :-) I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what species this is, but let's not allow that from distracting us from enjoying the pics. Images are crops, with mostly noise reduction performed to get rid of noise artifacts due to shooting at ISO800. (Please will someone sponsor me a DSLR that can handle higher ISOs with less noise!)


Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/80sec at f10 +2/3EV, ISO 800, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV and +2 diopter.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/80sec at f10 +2/3EV, ISO 800, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV and +2 diopter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review