The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Friday, February 3, 2012

What a start!

I just love Wellington. Yes, the weather may get pretty cranky in the winter, but, it more than makes up for that with beautiful mornings like today. It all started at home waiting for the lift club. After opening the front door I stopped dead in my tracks confronted with an amazing display of colors. So, out with the camera and tripod to take some snaps before the lift club arrive. (I will post those later)

Then a bit later in town and on my way to an early breakfast with a friend I took this and other pictures of the sunrise. Boy am I glad I took my camera to work today. The image below is a 5 shot panorama of the waterfront. Light metering was done towards the center of the image, and the camera dialed in to the f-stop and shutter speed as metered. Luckily I could stay on ISO 100 to minimize noise.


Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 18mm, Exposure 1/250sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review