The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Full Moon

The other night, closing our curtains I spotted a beautiful moon rising over the horizon.

So, out with the tripod to shoot some moon photos. Trick is to select a slow ISO, switch off any image stabilizing on the camera, and shoot TWO shots. You have to cheat see. There is no way you will expose correctly for the foreground and the background.

I initially tried this using HDR but no matter what I tried the image just looked horribly artificial. So one shot exposed for the foreground and one exposed for the moon, an viola some Photoshop magic and you get this. Basically I put the underexposed image on the top, and using a mask exposed the correctly exposed bottom layer in the foreground regions.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/5sec at f8 -2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC off, Flash none, Filter none.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review