The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Super Massive Wellington Waterfront Pano

What do you get if you combine 14 photos of 18MP each into one super massive pano?

Well, the answer is simple, a 26k by 4k pixel image. For non computer geeks, that is 26469 by 4528 pixels in one image! Count them one by one and you will get a total of 119,851,632 pixels. Yes, that is a 119 million pixel photo. Uhm, also, that file has a 1.5GB footprint on my computer's drive, yikes!

What can you do with such a big image?

Maybe someone just happening to be on the lookout for an image to print on a city block size billboard, will venture onto this page - hahaha, I wish ;-)

I've shrunk the image down so I can post it on the blog, but believe me, it does not even start to do justice to the detail in the original. I've also included a crop of a tiny portion of the image just to give you some indication of the resolution of the main file. See if you can spot where the crop comes from.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 46mm, Exposure 1/160sec at f8, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what camera is taken that panamora?

Andre said...

That was taken with a Canon 600D with a Tamron 18-270mm PZD zoom

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review