The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stained Glass

It takes amazing skill, patience, time and design to construct these windows. Hats off to the artist! This shot was taken on my Old St. Pauls trip a while ago. I just love the colors, resolution and detail.

My quick tip for shooting similar pics:

  • Make sure you have a sturdy tripod.
  • Set focus to manual.
  • Set image stabilizing off if you have that function.
  • Go for slower ISOs - ISO100 or ISO200. Stay away from noise.
  • Use a remote trigger cable. Your finger on the trigger button can introduce vibration which may very well result in a loss of sharpness.
  • Try and focus on the main subject. In this case it was easy to pick the left eye as the focus point.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 184mm, Exposure 1/8sec at f20, ISO 200, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV, tripod.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review