The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Midnight Sun

I went out for a lunch time walk, just to rest my eyes from a tough morning at the office. My 600D came along to enjoy the nice weather. This photo is a hard lesson learned. I had a work colleague with me and did not have much time to look for shot and frame shots. So the 8 or so images I took, were taken in typical happy-snappy holiday mode.

With this image I did not keep track of my zoom and f-stop and the resulting image had pretty much everything in focus. So what to do. I really liked the little boat but with all in focus the main subject got lost in the clutter. Off to CS5 to hone some post processing skills. I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert on CS5, so it took me a lot of time of careful masking on multiple layers to get a realistic background lens blur. I hope you appreciate my efforts. Maybe one day the owner of little Midnight Sun will pass this blog to enjoy my quick snap of his property.

Lastly, I need to just point out again what a pleasure it is to shoot with the Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD. While walking and chatting to my friend, I could easily zoom to max or go all wide to make sure I can take the image I need. Of the 8 pics I took, a couple was at full wide angle and one was at full zoom. With my Canon kit lenses, this would have resulted in constant lens changing - which would not have been possible and would have meant even fever photos. So top marks to the Tamron for versatility!



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 184mm, Exposure 1/160sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review