The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Old St Pauls Wellington

Another photographic trip with my mates over and done with. This time we went to Old St Pauls in Wellington (http://www.historicplaces.org.nz/placestovisit/lowernorthisland/oldstpauls.aspx). This is a wonderfully rich in wood building. A photographer's dream!

Most of my photos were shot with +2 exposure bracketing which on the Canon 600D means 3 shots. These were pulled into Photomatix for HDR processing. Needless to  say I am very pleased with the results.

Back to the Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD lens.

Pros: This lens were very useful since it allowed me the ability to take shots ranging from full wide angle to nicely zoomed in, without changing lenses.

Cons: All pics were shot using a tripod, but for the first hour I forgot to switch off the VC!! Nooooo. So many lost pics. On my big screen I could clearly see the blur caused by the VC.

Regarding image stabilizing. The Canon 18-55mm kit lens is better at managing IS on a tripod. However, I would recommend switching off IS using a tripod even with a Canon lens.

So here are some images to enjoy, while I plan my next trip back to the church to re-take those missed shots.





Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 18mm, Exposure 13sec at f10 +2/3EV, ISO 200, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV, 3 shot bracketed at 2 stops.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 50mm, Exposure 10sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 200, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV, 3 shot bracketed at 2 stops.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 35mm, Exposure 8sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 200, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV, 3 shot bracketed at 2 stops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review