The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Berry Bonanza

I love strawberries! So when my friend told me the local supermarket had stock, I immediately got in my car and came back home with three punnets of strawberries. 2.95 punnets for eating, njummy, and 1 strawberry for taking photos.

All photos were taken with a +4 diopter on my Tarmon PZD. Lighting was using my custom lightbox (see earlier post) and 23W globe. All images overexposed by 2/3 EV. No sharpness added in PP.

My first try was with a red wine glass filled with Sprite Zero (I know, wine lovers will have me executed for such sacrilege!). Next time I would rather try plain water and a small fish tank. Note, the bubbles made the strawberry move around in the glass. It was quite challenging to shoot a moving berry :-)



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 110mm, Exposure 1/80sec at f5.6 +2/3 EV, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter UV and +4 diopter.

Next up just a simple shot on a shiny grey card. Note the pretty decent image quality. This time around the strawberry was not going anywhere :-) Vignette added in PP for effect.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 59mm, Exposure 1/100sec at f6.3 +2/3 EV, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter UV and +4 diopter. 

Below a 100% crop of the image above. No complaints from my side. Not a Canon MP-E 65mm, but for what I've paid for the lens and the versatility it provides, it will do.



One of my favorites from the shoot. Again nice sharpness, a simple vignette added for dramatization.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 142mm, Exposure 1/25sec at f29 +2/3 EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter UV and +4 diopter. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review