The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chews Lane

I've lately not used my Tamron as regularly as I want to. My macro photography is just taking too much time. I really still like the macro's I can take with the Tamron and a +2 or +4 diopter on the front, but, nothing beats the sharpness and magnification you can get with a dedicated prime lens reverse mounted to your camera. (have a look over at Teach me Photo).

So, now for the conundrum I find myself in, what should I post to my Tamron blog. Well, this image taken of Chews Lane in Wellington just after sunrise will have to suffice. It is not the snappiest, most awesome photo I've ever taken (not that I shoot National Geographic quality at all), but I love the richness of the gold colors with the cold blue of the lightening sky in the photo.

Oh, before I forget. This funny thing in the front left of the photo, is an electronic device that plays a video inside with audio to explain the history of Chews Lane. you should really go and visit it just to have a look see for yourself.



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 23mm, Exposure 1/250sec at f8 +2/3EV, ISO 100, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review