The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Walden Guitar Saddle and Bridge

Got my secondhand 7D off trademe.co.nz and played a bit with my Nissen wireless flash and Tamron lens. This image would have been sharper using my nifty fifty aka. Canon 50mm f1.8, but, since this is a Tamron blog, it limits me to a specific tool set. Yes, a 7D can do with some high dollar primes or L glass but keep in mind I specifically choose my Tamron lenses based on flexibility/cost and not sharpness. In this regard, they truly shine. Between my 18-270mm PZD and my 10-24mm I've only spent about NZD1200.00 which covers 95% of the subject matter I like to shoot. I don't shoot for print or media, so the sharpness I can get based on web publishing is more than good enough for this self proclaimed photography fan!

Hope you enjoy my latest effort.

Canon 7D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 VC PZD, Focal length 130mm, Exposure 1/160sec at f13, ISO 400, Focus auto, Flash On Camera + Nissen Di622 Mkii, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review