The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Paekakariki Road Lookout

The day was very overcast and cloudy, but I was lucky and caught some sunshine as we got to the lookout point (http://www.geolocation.ws/v/P/3056126/kapiti-island-from-paekakariki-hill-rd/en). The wind was blowing a cold southerly down our spines, but I am glad we took the detour to take this shot.

This shot is a 5 frame hand held panorama with only minor saturation and over exposure recovery performed. I used one of my Canon's view finder focus points as reference to make sure the horizon stays on the same level in all 5 shots. Exposure was measured on the rightmost of the 5 shots, set in manual, and then I took the shots from left to right. I was sure to get some overexposure with the sun reflecting in the water, but that was all planned and CS5 help reduce the impact somewhat.


Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 20mm, Exposure 1/200sec at f10, ISO 100, Focus manual, VC on, Flash none, Filter UV only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review