The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Knight Bishop

On my first night with the PZD three of us got together at a friend's place to play in his close up "studio" (think temporarily converted living room). One of the items we shot was this chess set. Lighting was done with a hand held LED torch. To make sure I had the subject in focus, I switched the Canon 600D to live view and used the arrow keys and zoom buttons while manually focusing with the other hand. As you can imagine, AF + re-composition with close up photography very easily leads to slight out of focus shots. The live view + zoom trick allows for pre-focus composition and the ability to fine focus on exactly the point in frame that you want.

Only vibrance and saturation changed in CS5. To show the focus the PZD could manage I did not touch sharpening of noise reduction.

Let me know what you think.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 59mm, Exposure 14sec at f14, ISO 200, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter none.

Here is a 100% crop, I am pretty pleased. See if you can spot the fingerprint on the Bishop :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review