The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Venus Flytrap



Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD, tripod. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/100sec at f20, ISO 800, Focus manual, VC off, Flash none, Filter UV only

The Venus Flytrap has always been a little plant that I could just not get enough of. I always stand amazed at how fast this plant can react to insects crawling though its traps. This one is a snap (pun intended) of one of my son's plants. Lighting was natural sunlight, background is a simple black piece of A4 paper held about 40cm back. Saturation, noise reduction and vibrance changed using CS5.

My 600D was set on a tripod, and my Tamron PZD was focused manually. I must say I am very impressed by the  resolution of the fine details. Keep in mind this flower is about 3cm in diameter.


I've read today on another blog that the Tamron strongest suite is that it is a pretty competent macro lens (see http://thedayszoompast.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/day-114-pocket-watch/), and I must agree. Below is a 100% crop of the original. I am pretty pleased with the depth of field taken into consideration that this was shot at 270mm.

Pity it was shot at ISO 800. Light was running out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review