The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bumblebee in Love

My wife (bless her heart :-D ), decided last Sunday she wanted to get two more pots for the garden, so to make the trip less boring I decided to drag my camera along, and I am pleased I did.

I've always found bees very difficult to photograph especially with many flowers around, because they just keeps zipping between flowers the whole time. The Tamron has good close up abilities and the photos below were shot without any macro filters attached. I should also point the out optical stabilization of the lens helped a lot due to my frequent moving and refocusing trying to catch the bee on the Echinacea during a "quiet" time.

The images where taken in natural but diffused light due to overhead semi-transparent roofing. I just love the way the bee seems to hug the flower in the first pic. Click to enlarge.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/200sec at f20, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/200sec at f18, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review