The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

British Car Museum - Intro

Just to the south of Napier, you will find the British Car Museum. I can state that it is not what I have expected. Let me explain. I love old cars and as a result I've been to the Southward Car Museum, outside Wellington, a couple of times. If you compare the two museums, I am sure you will agree with me, that you cannot get any greater contrast. The one is organized, well lit, and clean, and the other is an amazing mess of adventure! To fully photograph the British Car Museum, I would need a couple of dedicated days with my tripod shooting multi exposure photos with HDR in mind. It is a fantastic treasure trove for the amateur photographer.

Over the next couple of weeks I will post some of the photos I have taken on our quick visit to this museum. The owner and I believe curator, is a pleasant gentleman who took a keen interest in my two boys, showing them and my wife some old pianos, even letting them operate one! Next time you are in the area, you simply must go and visit this delightful museum.

The image below is a taste of what can be found at this museum. Due to limited natural lighting only, I had to shoot most images at ISO 3200 as I did not have my "good" flash with me. My post processing in Photoshop was mainly focused on noise reduction and sharpness. Click to enlarge the photo.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 18mm, Exposure 1/80sec at f5.6, ISO 1600, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review