The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Another Bzzzzz

OK, let me be frank, I hate flies. They are pretty annoying especially this summer since I now have two neighbors with dogs. But, these little critters are sometimes pretty willing subjects and it really helps to practice my macro photography on them. And now and then I manage to get a pic that is worthy of posting to the blog. Even if it is just to make a specific point.

So what makes this image pretty special is that it is one of my first real macro shots with a lens that is not supposed to go this close. Some of you may have seen my really close up work such as this one: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8038502363_4a53b648a6_m.jpg

That was taken with an old Vivitar 28-70mm manual zoom reverse mounted to my camera. But, with the addition of some basic macro filters to the Tamron, I can get close enough to take useful macro shots.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 270mm, Exposure 1/250sec at f17, ISO 400, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter +4 macro.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review