The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Old time pharmacy

Next to the last post's photo of the Austin in the mock garage display at the Southward Car Museum, this is my second favorite photo ever. Why? Well, what draws me to this photo is simply the genuineness and realism to the scene. Just look at the counter, shelves, wallpaper and floor. So much to look at.

On top of this I would like to highlight the technical complexity of this photo. Of all the photos I have taken thus far in my life this is surely the third most complex photo of all. The reason being that this photo is a composite of 21 photos to make a three shot HDR panorama (7 x 3), shot through a screen door with holes just large enough to poke my lens through, with a little bit of Photoshop to fill in gaps created during the stitching process to make the panorama. I wish you could see the precarious position I had to make my tripod stand in, just to get close enough to the door to get my lens through the door so to speak.

I do hope you enjoy this photo from the Cobblestone Museum in Greytown. (click to enlarge)

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 20mm, Exposure 0.6sec - 1/100sec at f8, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC off, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review