The TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD (Model B008) is quite a controversial lens. I just had to get one to find out for myself what this lens is all about. Follow my blog as I use this lens on a daily basis and discover for yourself if this lens is indeed a diamond in the rough, or if it simply just another average, try to do it all, kit level lens.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Austin Fixup

This is a display at the Southward Car Museum of an Austin in a mechanic shop. I love the warm tones and feel of the photo that kind of transports you back in time to make you part of the era and setting.

I would encourage you to view the full image. Notice how your eyes keeps jumping around in the scene searching out the various bits of interest.

Something else I need to point out, of all my photos on this blog, this one is possibly THE best example on how good the image stabilizing is on the Tamron 18-270mm PZD. This image is a 3 shot HDR taken hand held. The shots were taken at 0.4s, 1/10s and 1/40s. The manufacturer claims a 4 stop advantage with this lens due to the image stabilization and I can vouch for that from experience. I know I would not have made the shot with any of my other lenses.

Enjoy!

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 18mm, Exposure 1/10sec at f8, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

And here is a slightly different angle.

Canon 600D, Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD. Focal length 20mm, Exposure 1/13sec at f8, ISO 800, Focus auto, VC on, Flash none, Filter none.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review